Sunday, April 4, 2010

My husband the Dr.

For the past two and a half weeks, I have been given myself five shots a day. My poor stomach is bruised and has tons of little holes that water could squirt out of any minute! It looks like World War III hit it!
The next set of shots, I can not give them to myself. Since the needle is so long, it has to be given in the booty!!! I have two good friends that work in the medical profession that I was going to recruit for the job. But after thinking about it, I needed someone that could give it to me at any time of the day.
So, I asked my husband if he would do it. I asked one of my friends to come over and administer the first shot and to show my husband how to do it. She did and the husband felt comfortable enough to do it!

My husband has his PhD. in Civil Engineering. So, he is always joking around and saying..."Who's the Dr. in the family?" So, tonight has he gave his first shot ever.....he said..."Now who is really the Dr. in the family?" LOL

I love my husband!

3 comments:

  1. Lucky for our husbands, they get off pretty easy in all this infertility treatment business. Glad you husband is doing what he can - it's just so unfair that needle has to go in YOUR booty! Hope you have more great news soon about your embryos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason had to give me daily shots for several weeks. He became a pro. Glad you had someone to show him because our nurse drew circles on my behind so he knew where to inject me. I think they were there for several days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all your updates. Also thank you for your humor. You crack me up.. Praying that you continue to get positive news and that you keep up the humor. I truly think it is what helps get us through this life. Keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete