Sunday, April 18, 2010

Many emotions

Over the past five days, I have had an over whelming range of emotions. Wednesday, the day I found out, I was sad. Cried hard mostly all day. Thursday, had peace about the situation. Friday, back to being sad. Saturday, just plain mad about the whole situation.

My husband and I have been talking back and forth about the adoption situation. Do we or don't we? We cant afford a private agency. So, we will have to go with the State. Foster to adopt. But we cant see ourselves falling in love with a child and then having the possibility of them leaving us. How would we explain that to our three year old? Here is your new brother/sister!!! Then one day...he or she is gone. I wish we could afford a private adoption agency....but with all of the infertility bills we have right now, there is no way.

I wish I had the feeling that I had on Thursday. PEACE. But I don't anymore. I keep telling people that I am ok and that this is how its suppose to be. But deep down, I am not ready to quite. I am just not! I am not ok. I try to be. I try to accept that I might never have another biological child. But somehow, I can not expect that right now. I don't know if its God telling me not to quite. Or just that gut feeling that I have had from the day that I was born.

I for sure am not doing anymore "Dr.s" for a long time. We are taking at least a 6 month break. We need to get caught up on bills from the past year and a half. $25,000 is our debt so far. I am trying to take a mental break as well and to enjoy life. But right now, its not going so well.

This afternoon, I went to a baby shower of a girlfriend of mine. I walked in and I felt sick to my stomach. Not only was my friend pregnant but about half of the women there were. Or had newborns with them. I wanted to turn around and walk out. But I didn't. I found someone that I knew and focused on making small talk. I made it through the entire shower...but cried all the way home.

I know it hasn't been a week yet since I got the news. And my hormones are still high. Its only been five days since my last shot. And of course, Mother Nature was terrible this month. I guess do to all the stress/hormones and procedures. I wish I knew what to do. What should I do? What should I do? Someone tell me...what should I do?

Right now, are plan is to take about a six month break...then re-evaluate our plan. I am praying that we will be one of those people that have done tons of infertility treatments...and then became pregnant on our own. But not counting on it.

I just want peace with whatever is meant to be. But right now, I am not convinced that we are finished. I just wish I could feel good again. Feel like I have my life back. But I cant. I am ready for the pain and the feeling of failure to go away. I have been patient enough. Our luck has to turn around sometime, right? I have been through enough. Since I was 17.....this all started. I am ready for my time to be over with and I can retire with the Infertility.

I do trust that God knows what he is doing. He is the author of my life. But it doesn't mean that I have to like it. I just want peace. That's it...peace!

4 comments:

  1. I was so hoping this cycle would work for you! I hate being in waiting mode (I'm there too, maybe for two months or maybe forever). The biological clock is saying Now or Maybe Never but $$$$ is screaming NOOOOO!!! If God does have a plan, getting a little clue about what it is would sure save a lot of trouble (not to mention $), wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that you are in limbo. I started trying for our second about when my son was 3-4 years old. And there were times when I just kept thinking--maybe I am just supposed to be happy with just one? Will he be an only child? (and all the thoughts pro and con on that)

    We could not afford domestic adoption either and we did look into foster to adopt--unfortunately, by the time we did, our son was 7 years old and we had worries about how we were going to deal with a foster.

    We were just damned lucky that our state pays for most fertility treatments, so our second IVF worked and I have my daughter (my son was 9 years old when she was born).

    I guess what I am saying here is that: taking a break is fine and it does seem like you need it; foster to adopt is an option, but has draw backs; maybe there is a way to find funding for the next stage (?)

    Either way, I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, our first IVF worked and we automatically assumed out second would. Turned out it would eventually take 4 to get our daughter. I swear, you just never know. I'm so sorry that it didn't work for you, it breaks my heart for you. It so devastating. We got lucky in that our RE totally worked w/us on costs and actually did a lot for free because we were 100% self pay and as you can imagine by the fifth fresh cycle we were beyond broke. We are in debt up to our ears. I would really recommend talking to your RE about the possibility of them waving some fees for you when you are ready to cycle again and asking if they have any donated meds. There are also a couple of websites you can find meds on. If you ever have questions, email me and I'll be more than happy to give them to you. Wishing you all the luck in the world! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete