Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Twas the Night Before Retrieval.....

And all through the hotel room.....
Since our Fertility Clinic is three hours from our home, we decided to spend the night before in a hotel . Therefore, we have no worries of being late and missing the opportunity.
It really frustrates us that we do not have a Fertility Clinic in our town of 300,00. If you count in the surrounding areas...the population is almost 400,00. Having to drive three hours there and three hours back has taken a toll. Though, it is something we have had to just deal with.
As I sit in this hotel room tonight, watching my husband flip through the channels.....I am trying to remain calm. Though, on the inside, I am a "hot mess!"
But there is another part of me that is very excited! Excited on what tomorrow may bring. Excited that tomorrow is my birthday. Excited that my Mother and little man will be home to greet me with a birthday surprise that they are "cooking" up!
With all my failed IUI's, I never really had a good feeling. I always knew deep down that I wasn't pregnant...way before I could test positive. But this time, I have this feeling that things are going to go great! I am hoping that this feeling is true. But I am being very realistic and also preparing myself for the worse tomorrow. Having only one ovary, my chances of having more than six eggs are slim. So, I am praying for at least 5 to 6 eggs...but realizing that I could have less.
God has been good to me. He has provided me with a son that I thought I would never have. I have to continue to have faith in him. I have to believe that he knows whats in my best interest.
Tomorrow is the day that I was welcomed into the world. And hopefully, another creation will start that process as well.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck!! Saying a prayer for you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also praying for you and hoping this will be your best birthday ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck April! I will say a little prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! Good Luck - can't wait to hear how it went!

    ReplyDelete