Monday, March 29, 2010

Eight


That is number of follicles today! Though, only seven are good enough to produce eggs. I am still happy with this number. Three of the follicles are mature enough but the rest they would like to still grow a little. So, one more night of shots and then trigger shot Tuesday night with Thursday being the retrieval date.

Thursday, is my 31st Birthday! I have mixed feelings about this. Its my birthday....so it has to be a good day,right? Well, that's also April Fools! So, will God be playing a trick on me that day? Will he say...."you got tons of eggs and they all look great! Just Kidding! April Fools!"

Having my birthday on April Fools has always been fun. Since my name is also April....I have gotten a lot of "fun" grief. For my birthday this year, I just have one wish. Just one embryo to survive to implant. I don't want any diamonds or a trip to Jamaica. Just a successful embryo transfer.

I am still taking it one step at a time. And the next step is the trigger shot on Tuesday night. I have given this shot many times before with the IUI's. But this time....it will feel a little different. This is our only chance at having another biological child. We will not be able to afford another Fresh Cycle.

Once I give the trigger shot....its all in God's hands!

4 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the LFCA- just want you to know I am thinking of you! I really hope all goes well. I will be checking in on you, hoping for a good news post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from LFCA. Hoping you have a fantastic birthday this week & you are blessed with a couple of beautiful embryos:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday (in a couple of days)!! I only had 8 eggs and still ended up with 7 fertilized and 5 made it to transfer or freeze. Quiality is much more important that quantity!!
    Good luck with the trigger and I will be anxiously awaiting Thursdays results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday and I hope that you get your wish!

    ReplyDelete