Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Overwhelmed!!

So, last week I finally realized that I was late on AF. I was in denial. I mean why would I be pregnant? We have spent $25,000 on Fertility Treatments and none of them worked...so why would I become pregnant naturally?

Well, I finally took a pregnancy test...and YES...I am pregnant! The good ole fashion way! I have to say that Acupuncture truly helped me become pregnant. So, many emotions are going through me right now.

I am very scared and overwhelmed. I went to get my blood work done today with the Fertility Clinic that I have been going through. My progesterone levels came back very low. They want them to be 20 or more. Mine were 6. Around 4 is a miscarriage.

They immediately put me on the progesterone supplements. I had to be on them with my first child but my levels were not this low. The Nurse Practitioner assured me not to worry yet. She said she has seen many women with levels this low that end up giving birth. But I am extremely scared.

To make this great news even more emotional....my husband is teaching in China for 21 days. I told him I was pregnant over the phone. I haven't even been able to hug him.

I go back on Wednesday for more blood to see if the levels have gone up. I am extremely nervous. Once I found out I was pregnant, I kept saying..."This is too good to be true, something is going to happen."

So, my statement was made real yesterday. One miracle has happened this month, I only hope that God has one more miracle left in him!

10 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!! Pregnant via the old fashion route. It IS a miracle. And I truly believe the acupuncture assisted with that.

    Keeping good thoughts that your progesterone improves and that it's a smooth pregnancy from here on out.

    Congrats again. I love reading posts like this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, congratulations my dear!!!!! I have tons of goosebumps now. ;o) Stay positive, I think the fact you are on supplements and being monitored is great... no worries!

    I love happy endings and am even a tad jealous (in a good way)! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! There is definitely something to be said for acupuncture!! And maybe the IVF just helped show your body what needed to happen.
    When I was pregnant with JR., I had very low progesterone to start and once I got on supplements was fine. I am praying the same happens for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to say CONGRATS again. I am so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so incredibly happy for you--I hope and wish that this little life in you keeps growing and thriving!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's incredible! I hope the progesterone numbers turn around and you get more encouraging news soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here from LFCA--- just had to write to say Congratulations!! Such a sweet story :)
    And here's to a big rise in your progesterone levels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful news! Congratulations! I will think good thoughts for the little life inside of you right now ... *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  9. you inspire me! CONGRATS!!!!!! wishing you a grrrrrrreat 9 months!

    ~Elaine, lfca

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! YEAH!!!! I am praying for you and your new wee one! Good luck girlie!

    ReplyDelete