Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Big Brother?

Today, while my husband and son were at Toys R Us...out of the blue my three year old asked my husband "when was he going to be a Big Brother?" My husband didn't know what to say. But it really upset my husband. When my husband told me this, I asked him never to tell me these things. I do not need the extra guilt. It breaks my heart to hear my son say those things. It just makes my heart ache more. The guilt is already overwhelming and to hear him say those things out loud...is extremely heart breaking! So, I asked my husband never to tell me anything that my son says about siblings. I need him to be ignorant and not know what a Big Brother is!

Of course, when my husband told me this...I teared up. I am still so torn on what to do when it comes to infertility. Do I adopt? Do we proceed with another IVF? For my son's sake, I just want a clear answer. I need to know what to do!

3 comments:

  1. That's such a difficult question to answer. I never know what to say when my kids ask. My son sometimes tells me how he wants a brother. All I can say is that I want that for him, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is clearly a 3 year old phase. My daughter asks me almost every day. I wish I had an answer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would fall over if my little could speak those words. My heart goes out to you.

    If love and desire were enough, we wouldn't be a party of 3 either.

    I am glad to see you dont have Father Time scaring you into making a choice as you are 30, not 40? IVF will always be an option. No rush.

    ReplyDelete