Friday, May 21, 2010

Acupunture and more!

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would become one of these women's that goes to an acupuncturist. Well, I am! I went to my first one on Wednesday and it wasn't half bad. I had made the appointment almost two weeks in advance....but didn't tell the husband. I knew what his reaction would be. Negative. He doesn't believe in that stuff and I didn't want to hear his negativity. But to my surprise...when I told him...he said "Ok."
"OK?" He then told me that yes he doesn't believe in it...but at this point he would try anything. I had to give him credit. He wasn't really on board with it...but knew we needed to try pretty much anything. I told him about all the research I had done about it. He was impressed and said that I should give it a try. We ended the conversation with me saying.."Western medicine hasn't helped us...so lets try the Chinese! " We will see.

I think I have been doing pretty good. But then this last week, I have been down for some reason. The feeling of emptiness went away for a while but now its back. I have several friends that are pregnant. When I say several, I mean like 7+. I am very excited for all of them. I always ask about each and everyone of their pregnancies. I love pregnant belly's! Always have. I loved being pregnant myself. And if I knew that I possibly would not have another...I would have cherished it more.

My son is at that age where everyone is asking "Does he have a sibling?" or like that Jazzercise lady said.."He really needs a little sister!" And he is starting to pick up on it. After the Jazzercise lady made that comment I quickly explained that yes, we are trying and left it at that. She then said it again and talked about how well he played with the 6 month old baby girl in the nursery. As I was driving off, my little man said...
"I don't want a sister."
"You don't?"
" No"
"Ok."
It made my day.I had to laugh a little out loud. I wanted to jump out of the car and tell that Jazzercise lady.."See my son is just fine with being an only child!" LOL It was just what I needed. Not sure if he meant he didn't want a sister but wanted a brother. But either way, it was priceless and made my day.

Society is so use to there being more than one child in the household. So, its only the norm to ask if there is a sibling. When people ask, it makes me feel like I am doing harm to my child by not having a bro/sis. Sometimes I just want to say..."Is it any of your business?" But I don't. I put on that great Texas Charm and answer politely!

We are still just taking it easy and trying to enjoy life. Trying is the word. My husband of course, never mentions infertility or a baby unless I do. So, I never know where he stands on the issue.

So, trying to enjoy life is what we are doing. Hopefully, while enjoying life, a surprise baby will join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment